Right now, I’m in the middle of packing for my trip to Japan which I’m leaving for on Monday~ It’s hard to pack because I’m only going for ten days and I want to take EVERYTHING with me!
Here’s an explanation as to what I’m doing in Japan and why I’m going since I don’t think I really told anyone… Whoops!
Also this post is going to be long! But since I haven’t really posted this summer, I think you guys deserve it ;P
This trip is called the Tomodachi Inouye Scholars Program. It takes 23 students and 2 professors each from 4 different universities to Japan to bridge relations between the Japanese and the U.S. after what had happened with the tsunami and earthquake. (Here‘s the official site for it).
One of the professors from my school brought this program to my school to have people apply to go. It was really competitive! This was because 130 people applied for the 23 spots!
Since there were so many people applying, we had an application process first and then 50 people were chosen to be interviewed. Out of all those people, they choose the finalists to be able to go on the trip! And I was one of those people!
I’m so honored that I was one of the people that they chose and I’m super excited to be able to go!
When I’m there, I’ll be traveling to Tokyo and Hiroshima! We’ll be visiting some sites in both places (like temples and museums) and meeting some students from the partner universities: Showa Women’s University and Hiroshima University.
My Main Goals While Traveling
- Speak in Japanese as much as I can!
- I’ve studied Japanese for 7 years and my weak point is speaking so I need the practice!
- Meet as many Japanese students as I can
- This kind of goes with the speaking part because I need someone to talk with. Out of everyone going on the trip, I’m the only one that can speak Japanese! So I definitely need to find Japanese people to talk with!
- Go to Harajuku and go to ALL the shops!
- I’ve been obsessed with Harajuku and Japanese street fashion so this is a definite must do on my list. I was looking at our itinerary though and I saw that some students from Showa Women’s University will be taking us there and I’m so excited that I won’t have to beg anyone to take me!
What I’ll Be Looking For
- Anything to do with Attack on Titan or Tokyo Ghoul!
- Especially Tokyo Ghoul right now because it’s my new obsession! I just finished reading what’s been translated so far and it’s sooo good! I definitely recommend it~~
- Manga in Japanese
- Any street fashion person I follow so I can take a picture with them!
Anyways I think that’s it for this post right now. Maybe I’ll do one or two more before I leave but I’m not sure right now. If not, I’ll be posting a TON when I get back so you can look forward to that! (And I get back on August 7th)