Atelier’s Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky (Ep. 1; Aired April 10th)
This show is one of the ones this season that didn’t impress me like Black Bullet (which I’m currently working on a post for).
- Atelier was adapted from a video game and it definitely had those moments that it felt more like a video game and less like an anime. It was something that could be seen in some of the dialogue of the show where it felt just kind of off.
- I really liked the character design though. It wasn’t too over the top, but it had interesting elements like Escha’s hat and tail.
- The alchemy in the show kind of confuses me (with the purpose and such). This comment probably doesn’t make sense, but I hope they tell more about alchemy in the future episodes.
- And apparently Escha and Logy aren’t that great at alchemy?? I don’t understand why they would send them out on missions when all we’ve seen of Escha’s alchemy is her making an apple tart.
- I liked how the opening showed a lot of world building. The song was okay though, but I think it fit the style and feeling of the show.
Asuiro by Rie Murakawa
- The ending video could have been better. It was just zooming in and out on the girl who lives in the ruins and they could have done so much more with it. I love her character design though!
Fuyumidori by Haruka Shimotsuki
This isn’t a show that looks like its going to have character development or a deep plot, but who knows, maybe it’ll get better. I’m definitely interested in the Ruins in the sky and who is the one that lives there.